Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Wow! What an amazing birthday I had!

Honestly, I don't know why I don't have myself feel that special and fantastic every day.
Since then I have been trying.
I started my day with fantastic music and danced about the house while sweeping.
This was my morning view outside.

I made myself and Ryan an excellent breakfast! Breakfast sandwiches with spiced fried onions, egg, bacon, cheese and mayo on english muffins... Just slightly fancier than the average breakfast sandwich I make fairly often. Yum! With a pot of Organic Wild Blueberry tea.
After that, I showered myself up, perfumed myself with Lavender and continued to dance about while I dressed myself in a most fantastic manner.

Then I played about online and found in my email that my mom had sent me a small album of photos from when I was a baby!







This is just a small taste of the cuteness of the album she sent me! After this, it inspired me to dig out my baby book and flip through it. Reading my baby book made me feel SO LOVED. It was amazing to read the messages from my parents as well as the "firsts". Such as: first words "kitty kitty" (I had to laugh because, really, have I changed much at all? Nope.) As well in my baby book, I discovered some photos that my mom didn't have and felt she was missing!

In the afternoon, my Mom and Dad came over and we looked through the baby book together as well. My mom brought me some beautiful spring flowers(bulbs) for me to plant in the ground next spring and put them in this adorable sailor bag! And my dad's gift to me is our fireplace mantle! We spent the latter part of the evening google searching and designing its look! I am so excited for this to happen! I am so tired of looking at it's framing!

And so excited about what it will become!!! We are aiming to go shopping in Nanaimo for supplies on Monday. ^___^

We were also invited for dinner at Ryan's parents place,(2 blocks down the street) so we went for a lovely wintry walk in the frosty light snow.

We had a fantastic dinner, lovely red wine, birthday cake, berries with whipped cream, and good company with Ryan's parents, sister and Papa, as well as my parents. It was really a fantastic day and evening and Ryan's sister, Dawn surprised me with a book of Nana's I'd been looking for! She had found it in their bookshelf in the basement. I was so excited! 
I could not have asked for a better first birthday at home in 3 years!

2 comments:

  1. That sounds like an amazing Birthday! Your drum looks so neat, too! I really miss playing the flute. I was pretty good at it and it was really relaxing to play. Maybe one day I will get one again. I play flute, you play drums? :P

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like a match made in... Lorien(the forest of the elves in LOTR)<3

    ReplyDelete