Friday, January 28, 2011

Friendly Cleaning

Cleaning! I did a lot of it today. Especially in my bathroom, and I know a lot of people still use the all so familiar chemical products sold to us on TV.
So I'd like to offer a couple of alternatives!
My bathroom clean up concoctions!
The one in the middle is an all purpose cleaner. I use it for anything, really... straight up half vinegar, half water. I use it mainly for windows and mirrors so far, but vinegar in general I use for many many things. There is a vast array of uses for vinegar, you can just check out this website if you'd like to know more.

The one on the right is a mixture 1/4 to 3/4 Nature Clean Oxygen Bleach (hydrogen peroxide) and water. I use this mainly for the toilet and other really gross cleaning type projects. I enjoy the bubbling action (lol).

Last but definitely not least, my favorite cleaner, Tub Scrub!
Recipe courtesy of Mary Jane's Farm Magazine. (Vol.8 #5 August - September '09) "Recipes for green house keeping"
It is so simple and smells SO good to clean your bath tub and sink with. I even use it in my kitchen to scrub gunk off stainless steel surfaces like my bread box, kettle and kitchen sinks.

Tub Scrub
1 cup baking soda
1/4 cup salt
10 drops citrus essential oil (any work and all smell fantastic)
5 drops tea tree oil
Combine all ingredients in an airtight container (I shake mine up in a maison jar).
To use: Sprinkle around tub and scrub. Rinse.

Among this fantastic recipe, this issue has so many cleaning recipes, such as: Laundry soap, Lavender Laundry Softener, Lemon Dish soap, Gentle Wool Wash, Dishwahser Detergent, Oven Cleaner... and a few more that I just don't feel like typing. (but if you'd like to know, just ask me, I'd love to share some recipes)

No comments:

Post a Comment