Monday, January 3, 2011

Productivity

I've been trying to get back into the swing of life lately... I find myself getting sucked into the computer far too often and haven't been doing things that are necessary around the house as well as things that I truly enjoy... It's silly, but it's so easy to get distracted with the internet.
So today I actually did the things on my chore list that I'd been meaning to get to but hadn't since I'd made that fantastic chore list, which made all my house chores seem so much less daunting... Silly, isn't it?
I washed the floors, which needed to be done quite desperately since we'd had our oil furnace removed and wood stove installed!(love)
It took a bit of work... a bit of washing the floors two or three times, but eventually the mop was not black with soot and the floors were not streaky and that was very pleasing to see. I was a getting tired of blackened socks and dirty kitten paw prints in the sink and bathtub.
I also finished the task of switching all the dishes into the pantry and all the pantry food into the cupboards... Why, you ask? Well, this house was built in a rather silly fashion with the chimney snuggled right next to the pantry, warming all the contents of the pantry... Not so ideal for food storage in my opinion...


 I like it.
It will take some time getting used to where everything lives, but I feel I did a decent set up job and it should flow smoothly.

Here's hoping everyone is having a nice warm snuggly evening... We are.


No comments:

Post a Comment