Thursday, August 5, 2010

A bowl of smoke.




Our valley right now is filled with smoke coming from the wild fires on the mainland.
It reminds me of a world in a book I read, which had an atmosphere that was constantly in twilight.
I found the weird hazy orange lighting inspiring, and went camera happy in my garden.


Sunflowers in the morning haze. Taken at 8:30 this morning.

The orangey pink evening haze. Can hardly see the mountains!




Up in the very middle of the sky, it is kind of blue...


Sunflower in the evening sun. Taken at about 6pm.






And this is my new Canna Lily. I got it at the farmer's market for $5. I'm in love with it!


1 comment:

  1. That lily is so sexy! And the closed up sunflower is lovely. Your silhouette of the garden is beautiful, too. Reminiscent of a farm. It's amazing that the haze blocked out the mountains across the canal!

    ReplyDelete