Monday, May 24, 2010

Learning

I wrote my last post on a really weird day, that had begun terribly... and ended in celebration.

I was trying so hard to get over the stupid things of the day that were holding me down. So I still cleaned up my house, and started an amazing dinner, and then, I got my Learner's!

So now that I look back at it, it doesn't seem real, because I was still working so hard to make it a good day, even though I felt terrible. Very odd combination for me... but I am now really proud of myself for overcoming the shittiness of the day to have a really successful and productive day.

And about that learner's test that I'd been putting off for the last 2 or 3 years.... Everyone told me it was hard, the questions were confusing, etc, etc.... Well I just have to say, that was probably one of the easiest tests I've ever taken! I got 91%! I could have laughed I was so relieved.

And I actually have to thank Ryan for pushing me to do that on a really crappy day, because it ended up being exactly what I needed. And I'm so glad it's finally done.
On my walk back from taking my test, I stopped at the BC liquor store for a small bottle of Gin for myself, and cranberry juice to go with, which hilariously enough was a first for me as well.
I have never gone to a liquor store by myself to buy something just for myself.

I like growing up. It isn't always fun, but at least it's rewarding.



Mama's kitty, Zelda.

1 comment:

  1. Yay for your Learners! I need to go see if I can get mine renewed without having to take the test again. I failed a few times but I heard that you have to get 80% or something to "pass" and I was always barely under. It has been years since I last took it so maybe it would be easier now that I have grown up. ;)

    ReplyDelete